Fascinate Young Writers Festival

This blog is a space for young writers to publish their work and inspire eachother.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

To you by Kimberly Harrison

Senior Poetry Entry

I really don’t know why I feel the way I do,
But all I know is that I might be in love with you,
It wouldn’t matter what you say,
Nothing can stop me from feeling this way.

I will hide my feelings for as long as I can,
You’re no longer somebody else’s man,
But those feelings for her don’t seem to die,
I guess I’ll have to wait and hope maybe one day you’ll give me a try.

You’re smarter than so many people I know,
I have to admit that I miss you so.
Please promise me that I won’t have to miss you anymore.

Every time I see you,
I realize more and more,
How special you really are.

The day you held me tight,
The way you held my hand,
And told me everything will be alright,
You looked after me and everything was fine,
Although I knew you couldn’t be mine.

You make me feel like someone new,
When I’m with you I feel special too,
The way you looked at me made me feel good,
The way I don’t think anything could.

I have to say that you become more important everyday,
It’s hard when you love someone else,
I sometimes want to give up,
But I don’t know what I’d do without you,
I really don’t want to push you away,
I’m here for you anywhere, any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home