Fascinate Young Writers Festival

This blog is a space for young writers to publish their work and inspire eachother.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Weakness by Kimberly Harrison

Senior Poetry Entry

I failed again,
I didn’t succeed…
I continue to let you scar and bruise me.

I try to ignore the things you say,
I can pretend to smile,
Act like I don’t care.
But in the end,
Deep down I feel,
That nothing I do is ever good enough.

I don’t want to impress you,
I feel no need for your approval,
but still something inside cares.
I don’t know why I bother,
To argue and fight back,
When all I’m left with,
In the end,
Is hurt and anger.

One day I’ll just look past it all,
And it truly will not matter,
What you say can’t hurt me forever.
I never did anything to you,
I will continue to pretend I do not care,
Till the day when it won’t matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home