Fascinate Young Writers Festival

This blog is a space for young writers to publish their work and inspire eachother.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuff Love by Emily Ware

Junior Short Story Entry

“Hay Jasmine wait for me” I shouted out above the noise of the great hall. ‘Wow for such a blonde haired drama queen she certainly walks real fast even in high heels. “Slow down girl my shoe lace is undone,” I said as I finally caught up with Jasmine near the boy’s bathroom.
“What is it now Emily, I thought I told you I’d meet you at third period,” said Jasmine with little patience for her next class (History)
“I thought you might want to know the new gossip on Joseph Greenbloom,” I replied with a very causal as I knew this particular subject was very important to my friend,
“Oh is that what you have to talk about” Jasmine asked as she headed to homeroom. “I already know about it”
“So you know that his band has volunteered for that hip new show The Dating Show?” I asked even more casually than before,
“WHAT” She screamed making every one in homeroom look at her but Jasmine just kept on staring at me with bewildered eyes.
“I said he is going to be the new bachelor on The Dating Show,” I answered looking at her with concern, “Are you ok, you look like you are about to faint”.
“I’m fine, wow is he really going to be on?” answered Jasmine and just as I was about to reply, the bell rang.
“See you at third period” I called as I headed to geography,
“You better” she yelled back.

After one and a half hours of dull working in pairs (my partner who was Paul Omar) it was third period.
“So” said Jasmine as we sat at our table, “Is he really going to be on”
“Come on don’t you trust me of coarse he is, why else would I tell you?” I stated
“Oh this is so exciting isn’t it, wait I just thought of something …”
“What you just thought of something, halleluiah, give thanks to the lord?” I said in a mocking voice.
“Ha ha very funny, would you like to hear what I thought of or not?” Jasmine retorted angrily, “Or would you rather just stand around joking until the bell goes?”
“Let me think about that for a sec… I choose listening to this bright idea of yours” I pestered
“Good I was thinking that… we could go on … The Dating Show as well and win as I know absolutely everything about the show,” She said all the time looking at Mrs. Bonham (the principle)
“So what do you think shall we go on……Emily where are you going I haven’t finished yet” she yelled as she ran after me. “ What’s the matter I thought you might like the idea”
“I do like it but ….. well I hate going in front of crowds.” I admitted shamefully
“You, Emily McManus, Miss Teas pet, Miss Teas Class president for five years in a row at primary school is scared of a little T.V show, come on Emily if I do it I need a partner” She asked smugly.
“If you must know yes I am, scared do you have a problem with that?” I shot back at her,
“ As for the partner thing take Gabrielle”
“Fine I will, even though she is so ‘I am the Queen, bow down to your Queen of fashion’ I would much rather take you since I already have the tickets” Jasmine stated with her voice quivery at the end of her statement.
“Jasmine what have you done,” I said horrified.

Two days later I was in the back seat of Jasmines car with Jasmines mum (Jemima) driving, Jasmine in the front passenger seat and Gabrielle on the left of me, driving toward the studio of The Dating Show.

“Welcome everybody to The Dating Show. Today we have a new bachelor Joseph Greenbloom, and two new totally in love girls who names are Jasmine and Guinevere as her opponent. The girls are here to try and win this boy heart. Now girls you know the rules you listen to what Joseph has to say and then I ask you questions about what he said. Now lets begin, over to you Joseph.” said the game show host.
“Thanks Joe o.k girls as you know my name is Joseph Greenbloom; I go to Holland Park High School; my favorite color is green; I am 16 years old; I like to walks on the beach; sunsets with ice creams; good times with my friends; adventures; cooking outdoors; I look for adventure, funniness, smarts and cool in a girl; I like being able to relax on weekends; and I like books, my favorite book is Dragon Keeper.” He said, and as he was finishing his speech I could have sworn I heard Jasmine sigh.

“O.k. lets get started girls, now there will be 6 questions and then he will ask each of you a question than choose his dream date.” The game show host said in about 5 seconds flat.
Round 1

Question 1: “What is Joseph favorite color?”
“Purple” shouted Guinevere
“Green” quoted Jasmine
“And Jasmine has it right for that question, 1 to nil” said the game show host.
Question 2: “What High School does Joseph go to?”
“Marshall Road” shouted Guinevere.
“Holland Park” shouted Jasmine
Correct again Jasmine, 2 to nil” the game show host shouted.
Question 3: “how old is Joseph?”
“16 and a half” pronounced Guinevere
“16” Jasmine remarked.
“Correct again Jasmine 3 to nil.”
Question 4: What does Joseph like to do on the beach?”
“Swim in the water” said Guinevere
“Walk along” said Jasmine
Correct Jasmine 4 to nil.”
Question 5: Name two things Joseph looks for in girls?”
“Good looks and hot body” stated Guinevere
“Smarts and adventure” Jasmine said with mocking shock.
“Correct again Jasmine 5 to nil.”
Question 6: What is Joseph’s favorite book?”
“Dagon Keeper” shouted Guinevere.
“Dragon Rider” said Jasmine.
“Correct Guinevere, 5 to 1.
And the winner of this round is Jasmine”
Round 2

“O.k. girls now its time for Joseph to ask you a question” stated the games show host
“This is my question,” said Joseph looking at the girls very seriously indeed, “ What would you do if I don’t choose you?”
“I would just move on the next time I saw a cute boy” stated Guinevere.
“I…I would dwell on you for a while until I met somebody who does love me” replied Jasmine to the question.
“O.k Joseph you’ve heard their replies now who will it BE?”
“I choose… Guinevere”
“Oh you wont regret it I swear”

“So how do you feel?” I asked Jasmine as we dropped off Gabrielle at her house.
“I feel heartbroken, how could he choose her over me?” Jasmine asked.
“I don’t know, I really don’t know…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home